My name is Shanae, and I am a 29 year old historian and mommy, working as an assistant property manager for a large home complex by day, and Batgirl by night.
I struggle with Bipolar Disorder II, which is the more severe classification of Bipolar Disorder on the DSM-5. Living with a lifelong mental illness has allowed me to see the beauty in everyone and many things others may not. I am near completion in my Bachelors of Arts in Military History, and after I hope to study toward a Masters in History. Eventually, I’d enjoy working as a published author in conjunction with some sort of teaching career, but for now, I am content where I am. I am mommy to the most wonderful seven year old free spirited girl who loves ballet, music, and having tea time with far too many plushed animals.
- My natural hair colour is red, but I dye it brown.
- I’d love a tattoo, but am afraid of needles.
- My favourite colour varies between mint, rose, and jade green.
- I love small dogs but used to be terrified of them.
- Proud Slytherin
- I used to compete in equestrian sports
- Lose 100 lbs from my start weight
- Code my own WordPress design
- Halfway complete my novella
- 100% game completion in 6 games(XBOX)
- Paint living room and bedroom
- Graduate and begin Teaching!
- Take 1 real vacation this year!
ShanaesPlace.com came about after letting my previous domain expire. Here I have found my blogging niche and my own sense of writing to not only share my ups and downs with others but also to really explore my own growing self-identity. After a decade of dabbling in graphic sites(let us not forget the now-defunct GeoCities and horrible Myspace layouts) I have settled upon a blog that will develop wherever the wind takes it.